The DURA Foundation oversees the work of the charity Dorothy Peace, which works out of Rokel in Sierra Leone. The foundation aims to relieve poverty in its areas of operation, working for better education, health, infrastructure, water sanitation and other necessities to achieve its aim.
Briefly, our objectives are:
- To serve as a charitable body in assisting less privileged residents especially children, women, aged and youths in Western Rural Area.
- To contribute to the education sector through opening of schools, colleges and even assisting established learning institutions with teaching and learning materials.
- To liaise with the Ministry of Education, WARDC, Ministry of Social Welfare, Gender and Children’s Affairs, NGOs, CBOs and Donors in Project Implementation in its areas of operation.
- To seek funds for projects relating to rehabilitation of feeder roads, school structures, hospitals, peripheral health units (PHUs) in communities of its operation.
- To promote girl-child education, youth training programmes, water sanitation and hygiene for residents across Western Rural Area.
- To serve as a catalyst with both central and local governments for actualization of policies and programmes relating to community development.
- To achieve by 2027 quality academic and technical education for majority of youths, affordable and accessible health opportunity and tertiary level of education for persons needing them within Western Rural Area in general and specifically across Constituency 111.
More information about the DURA foundation and its work can be found at their Website